Troubleshooting Post and Blog Visibility
We keep our search results pretty untouched — any filters we implement are related to spam and abuse prevention.
If you are looking for a post you just published, try checking Recent results. More often than not, your post is appearing in Recent rather Most Popular.
Posts don't appear on search results right away—please note it takes a few minutes for our systems to process each post.
However, there are some factors affecting what appears in search results:
- Check the Visibility settings for your blog. If "Hide [blogname] from search results" is enabled, the blog will not appear in search results.
- Is your post an original post or a reblog? Reblogging is a great way to share a post with others, but only original posts will appear in search results.
- The first 20 tags on a post will be indexed for recent and most popular results. While a post will support up to 30 tags, those last ten tags will not be indexed.
- Including links in posts may affect its visibility.
- Private posts will not appear in search results.
- Posting from a new account? It may take a little time before your posts from a new account appear in search results.
- Posts from a brand new secondary blog can also take some time before appearing in results as well.
- Blogs that are flagged as explicit will not appear in search results. If you believe your blog was miscategorized, you can appeal this decision by following these instructions.
If you don't want to appear in search results, you can hide your blog from all search engine results (including our own) by turning on the option "Hide [blogname] from search results" in your blog's settings.
To adjust your Visibility settings on web:
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Select the blog you wish to hide.
- Scroll down to find the Visibility options.
- Toggle the option to "Hide [blogname] from search results."
To adjust your Visibility settings in the mobile apps:
- Tap the account button to view your primary blog.
- Tap the blog name in the top left corner to choose another blog.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Visibility, and toggle the option to "Hide [blogname] from search results."
Please see our Privacy Options for more information.