Just like in the app, you can highlight any text you've entered to bring up the formatting tools. You'll see the following options appear, from left to right:
- Ordered list
- Unordered list
- Block quote/indented
When your cursor is on a new blank line in the post, you will see a few more options:
- Click the camera icon to upload an inline photo (more info about posting photos can be found here).
- Click the video icon to paste a video URL or embed code (more info about posting video can be found here).
- Click the GIF icon to open GIF search (more info about posting a GIF can be found here).
- Click the three dots icon to add a read-more link. When people see the post in their
dashboard, they won’t see anything past where you put the link. Instead, they’ll see some text that says “Keep reading.” They can click that text to read the rest of your post.
This is handy for longer posts!
Using the Beta Post Editor on Web:
You can help test the beta version of our new post editor. When creating a post on the web, you’ll notice a new toggle for the beta post editor in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard. Toggling the switch allows you to make posts using the Neue Post Format from your web browser.
In the App:
Once you’ve added some text to your post, highlight any of that text to bring up formatting tools:
- Colors are found in the first row. Tap a color to apply it to the selected text.
- Press and hold the Aa icon to change the text subtype:
- Regular: The default text size.
- Bigger: A medium font size.
- Biggest: A big font size. This option can be used to create the post title.
- Quote: Corresponds to the quote post type.
- Chat: Corresponds to the chat post type.
- Lucille: Cursive font.
- Indented: Blockquote.
- Bulleted list: An unordered list using bullet points.
- Numbered list: An ordered list.
- You can also tap the Aa icon to cycle through these subtypes.
- To the right of the Aa icon, you'll find a few more options. From left to right:
- Bold (B)
- Italic (i)
- Strikethrough (S)
- Small (<s>)
- Hyperlink: Tap this icon, then paste your URL to add a link to your text.
To rearrange text blocks, tap and hold the text and drag to a new position within your post.
Our mobile apps use the Neue Post Format (NPF). You can learn more about the NPF in this article.