You might find yourself in a scenario where you’ve lost access to your account. We want to help ensure that you take any necessary steps to avoid getting locked out and set up your account to be recoverable.
Is Two-Factor Authentication setup?
If your account has two-factor authentication enabled, you will need access to the SMS number or authenticator app used. For a more detailed look at two-factor authentication on Tumblr, read our Help Center article.
Do you have access to the account email address?
You can use our password reset page to set a new password for your Tumblr account.
Not sure which email address you used to sign up? Helpful tips available in our Email Troubleshooting article.
If your account doesn’t have two-factor authentication enabled or you no longer have access to the email address used to create the account, we may still be able to help you log back into your account.
Please contact support with as much information as you can, using the list of questions below to proactively gather details that you may be prompted to provide in order to verify ownership of your account.
- Have you used any of our paid options on that account? If so, do you have any of the following details associated with the charge?
- Transaction ID (unique alphanumeric code often located in your payment method’s account statement)
- Last 4 digits of the card
- Date of purchase
- Amount paid
- Have you changed your username/URL in the past? If so, can you share a previous URL?
- Have you ever created a support ticket with us from the email used for that account? If so, do you recall the reason? Or when?
- Have you ever changed the email for that account? If so, can you list the emails you have used?
- Do you know the public IP address for the network where you most recently accessed your account? If you don't know, visit http://ip4.me from a computer or other device on the network and send us the IP address listed there.
- Can you name any tags that you were following on Tumblr?
- Did you have any secondary blogs, and if so, can you share the URLs?
- When was your last successful login?
- How many followers (approximately) did you have on that blog?